Hair Removal Cream Vs. Laser Hair Removal - Which is Better for you?
Table of Contents
Have you had one of those dreams, where you wake up in the morning, leave for work, and suddenly realize you are still wearing your PJ’s or worse, your “birthday suit”?
If that were to happen to you for real, wouldn’t you feel insecure wanting to leave or disappear from the face of the earth? Well, you might feel the same way with unwanted facial or body hair. Truth is that different cultures perceive body hair removal differently for many reasons.
Body hairs prevent the skin from pollution and contagious diseases. But, sometimes, they become the cause of skin allergies. Hence, not only for aesthetic concerns but also for hygiene reasons, hair removal is necessary. When considering hair removal, there are two popular methods: laser hair removal and hair removal cream. Each of these methods has certain pros and cons for which either they are less or widely accepted. As it seems, hair removal cream is a short-term option, and a laser hair removal is a long-term option. Let’s try to simplify and see which one works better.
Call Our Specialist
Our Clinic Locations
What is a Hair Removal Cream Work?
Hair removal creams which are also known as Depilatory creams, are chemical formulations that affect the protein structure of the hair (Keratin).
They dissolve the hair into a jellylike mass that can be easily wiped off from the skin. It is one of the easiest and quickest ways to get rid of the body hair, especially at the body parts where hair removal is difficult and painful.
They are a quick, convenient, and safe way to get rid of unwanted hair in the comfort of your home.
There is an array of hair removal creams for men and women available in the market today. There are creams for different skin types and sensitivities.
It’s always advised to test it on a small patch of skin. If there is no reaction, then the cream is good to use. Make sure you are choosing the right one as these creams are available in various brands and target various areas.
What is a Laser Hair Removal?
Laser technology has enabled us to achieve permanent hair removal. Laser hair removal is a hair growth reduction method up to 95% which is a huge advantage for many people who are tired of removing hair from the same places repeatedly.
The laser targets the pigment in the hair and damages the follicle, which prevents the future growth of hair. This is done through multiple laser treatments to achieve a permanent hair removal effect.
Laser hair removal can only be done at trained and licensed laser hair removal businesses. Laser hair removal is compatible with all skin tones and hair colors. It helps prevent ingrown hairs which is better option than traditional hair removal creams.
Cons of using Hair removal cream
- Cost: The cost of creams may seem cheap, but if it is used every other week – it will add up to the price.
- Results: The chemicals dissolve the hair but do not touch the follicle beneath the skin layer, causing the hair to grow back immediately, just as seen in shaving.
- Skin irritation: If the patch test is not done, there may be skin irritations or rashes.
- Allergic reactions: Experiencing allergic reactions to chemicals may occur.
- Chemical burns: The ingredients like Potassium Thioglycolate and Calcium Hydroxide, if left on the skin for too long, can burn the skin.
- Smell: These creams are known to have strong odors from the chemicals used inside.
- Suitability: Not suitable for all type of skin areas and skin types
Advantages of Laser Hair Removal treatment?
- Quick: Laser hair removal is the fastest way to get rid of unwanted hair.
- Less Painful: Many people equate it to the feeling of snapping a rubber band against the skin.
- Precise: People looking to target and remove a few specific hairs from around the eyebrows, upper lip, nose, bikini line or hairline.
- Can Remove Hair from Any Part of the Body: Ideal for the back and bikini area, which can be hard to reach with razors and extremely painful to wax.
- Prevents Ingrown Hairs: By destroying the hair at the root, you will never have to worry about those pesky hairs growing back in or curling back into the body and becoming ingrown.
- Long-Term Solution: A permanent reduction in hair growth that becomes easier to maintain over time.
- Safe and cost effective: It is very safe and unlike razors there won’t be chances of infection and side effects and you could save thousands on monthly refills of waxes and razor blades.
How to choose the best Laser Treatment Center?
Getting your hair removed via Laser is a medical procedure, so you should do your due diligence in researching the best laser hair removal clinic to have this procedure done. Here are 5 tips on how to choose the best laser hair removal clinic for you:
- ASK WHO WILL DO OR SUPERVISE THE PROCEDURE: Although laser hair removal is an outpatient procedure, it is still medical and must be done by a licensed professional.
- TESTIMONIALS: Make a list, check their website, and search for the customer’s comments or testimonials on their services. You may also ask friends and family if they have tried getting the procedure and ask for their comments. The more positive responses mean the clinic provides quality service to its clients. With this feedback, you can shortlist your top clinics.
- OPENING TIMES AND BOOKING PROCESS: Clinic’s opening hours that fits your busy life. Does the clinic open later in the evenings so you can fit it in after work or before the school run, or what about the weekends? When booking, do you have easy access to a book or change an appointment via a phone call, the website, or an online booking system?
- TYPES OF EQUIPMENT USED: Clinic with a wide array of new, well-maintained laser machines or laser adaptors shows that it provides its clients with the best care. Avoid a treatment place with outdated laser machines.
- COSTING: Last but not the least after determining your best laser hair removal clinics, you can visit or contact them telephonically and ask for their price list. It would help if you came prepared with all your questions—from the aestheticians that will possibly perform the procedure, the clinic’s credibility, the machines used, to the clinic’s environment. Summing up all the information, you may assess if you are getting value for your money. You can also ask for offers prevailing.
Call Our Specialist
Conclusion : How to Get Rid of Acne Scars
So, which should you choose? Chemical creams or laser hair removal?
In terms of cost, laser hair removal wins. Creams may seem cheap at first. However, considering you will buy a bottle each week, the cost will add up. On the other hand, laser hair removal is a one-time cost. You pay your treatment upfront and you are good to go. Laser hair removal is much more affordable than what people think.
You do the math.
The biggest argument in favor of laser hair removal is the results. Sessions are fast and straightforward. The procedure has no downtime. Chemical creams produce results that do not last over a week.
Live a hassle and confident life. After you undergo laser hair removal you never have to worry about body hair ever again!!