Growth Factor Concentrate Therapy (GFC) is a treatment that involves using a concentrated preparation of growth factors extracted from a patient’s blood cells to promote natural tissue regeneration. Blood platelets contain various growth factors, which are extracted at high concentrations using a specially designed kit.
The extracted GFC is then administered directly to the treatment site using precise tools and techniques. This non-invasive and safe procedure has no platelet loss and is non-pyrogenic, making it an effective way to naturally regenerate damaged tissues. GFC therapy is commonly used as a hair loss treatment and can provide noticeable results in just a few sessions.
Benefits of GFC Treatment
Sure, here are the advantages of Growth Factor Concentrate (GFC) Therapy listed in bullet points:
- GFC Therapy is a next-generation hair loss treatment that uses a patient’s own growth factors to promote hair regeneration.
- GFC Therapy has been shown to be highly effective in promoting natural and enhanced hair regeneration, resulting in statistically significant increases in hair count and thickness.
- The therapy is 100% safe, as it is prepared from the patient’s own blood. This eliminates the risk of complications from the use of foreign substances.
- GFC Therapy is prepared in a way that excludes red and white blood cells, reducing the risk of pain and inflammation.
- The procedure is convenient and of high quality, ensuring a comfortable and stress-free experience for patients.
- GFC Therapy requires fewer sessions to achieve optimal results, making it a time-saving treatment option for those with busy schedules.
Who are The Best Candidates for Growth Factor Concentrate Therapy?
- GFC therapy can be effective for both males and females experiencing early or late signs of Alopecia (hair loss).
- However, it’s important to have your scalp properly diagnosed by a specialized doctor before undergoing any treatment. They can determine the underlying cause of your hair loss and recommend the best possible treatment plan.
- GFC therapy works by using growth factors derived from your own blood to stimulate hair follicle growth and improve hair density.
- This therapy is particularly useful for individuals with Androgenetic Alopecia, which is a genetic form of hair loss that affects both men and women.
- Other potential candidates for GFC therapy include individuals with traction alopecia, who have lost hair due to tight hairstyles, as well as people with alopecia areata, an autoimmune condition that causes patchy hair loss.
- GFC therapy is generally well-tolerated and has few side effects, making it a safe and effective option for many individuals looking to restore their hair.
Factors Associated With GFC Therapy Treatment
GFC therapy involves extracting growth factors from the patient’s own blood platelets and then concentrating them to be used for hair restoration. Some of the key growth factors associated with GFC therapy include:
PDGF helps increase hair growth and works as a stimulator for vascularization and angiogenesis.
These growth factors are carefully extracted from the patient’s blood and then concentrated on achieving optimal concentrations for use in GFC therapy. By providing an abundant supply of these essential growth factors, GFC therapy can help stimulate hair follicle growth and promote hair restoration
The GFC (Growth Factor Concentrate) procedure involves the following steps:
Step 1: Blood Collection
Approximately 15-16ml of peripheral blood is collected from the patient and evenly distributed into 4 GFC tubes.
Step 2: Platelet Activation and Growth Factor Release
The blood in the tubes is gently mixed by inverting them 6-10 times and then left to stand for approximately 30 minutes. The platelets in the blood are activated by a proprietary platelet-activating solution present in the tubes, which helps to release various growth factors such as PDGF, VEGF, EGF, and IGF-1 from the platelets.
Step 3: GFC Separation
All four tubes are then centrifuged at 3400 rpm for 10 minutes, which helps to separate pure GFC from red blood cells, white blood cells, and other blood cells present in the tubes.
Step 4: GFC Collection
The tubes are inverted to collect the autologous growth factor concentrate and GFC. The GFC is gathered at the cap of the tube, and a collection syringe is used to extract it. The tip of the needle is inserted just under the tube’s cap, allowing for maximum recovery of GFC.
Step 5: GFC Application
The collected GFC is now ready for application. The color of the GFC can range from yellow-yellowish brown-orange to reddish.
GFC Therapy Treatment Cost in India
The cost of GFC therapy treatment in India varies depending on various factors such as the number of sessions required, the complexity of the case, the location of the clinic, and the experience of the dermatologist performing the treatment. It is recommended to visit a dermatologist to get an accurate estimate of the cost for your specific case.
- An easy and quick online appointment system
- Patient Quick Support team
- 50+ Expert Dermatologists and Trichologists
- World-class medical treatments with clinical expertise
If you are searching for GFC treatment options in India, you may consider visiting Urban Skin Hair Clinic. We have a team of experienced dermatologists who are globally qualified and specialize in various hair loss treatments. We offer personalized treatment plans based on each individual case. To book an appointment with their dermatologists, you can visit their website or contact them at +91 7821820989.
Precaution Before After Procedure
Before and after undergoing GFC therapy for hair loss, there are several precautions that you should take:
- Consult with a qualified healthcare provider: Before starting the therapy, it’s essential to consult with a qualified healthcare provider who can assess your suitability for the treatment and guide you through the process.
- Avoid certain medications: Certain medications, such as blood thinners and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), should be avoided before the therapy, as they can increase the risk of bleeding and bruising.
- Maintain good scalp hygiene: It’s important to keep your scalp clean and free from any product buildup or dirt. This helps to optimize the therapy’s effectiveness.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption: Smoking and alcohol consumption can hinder the healing process and negatively impact the therapy’s effectiveness.
- Follow post-treatment instructions: After the therapy, it’s crucial to follow the post-treatment instructions given by your healthcare provider. This includes avoiding certain activities and products, as well as proper wound care.
Overall, it’s important to take the necessary precautions before and after GFC therapy for hair loss to ensure a safe and successful outcome.